Unlike round core fiber, square core fiber produces well-defined edges and a homogenous beam output. These characteristics allow for smaller image overlap compared to round core fiber, ultimately providing increased efficiency for your application.
With the elimination of the overlapping step-and-repeat surface treatment, processes using the square core fiber see an improved return on investment (ROI) over the alternative of modifying existing circular core fiber processes.
In the life sciences, square core fibers are desirable due to their increased efficiency. They are especially effective for applications including microscopy, flow cytometry, DNA sequencing, and other bioanalytical instrumentation.
Fiberguide offers pure silica square core fibers with a fluorine doped cladding (0.22 NA) in a wide range of core diameters from 100 μm to 1000 μm.
This product is popularly used in conjunction with the Fiberguide De-Speckler
and RARe Motheye
- Confocal Microscopy
- Flow Cytometry
- DNA Sequencing
- Other Bioanalytical Instrumentation
- Laser Processing
- Broad application wavelengths:
- 190nm to 1250nm (High OH)
- 300nm to 2400nm (Low OH)
- Various jacketing options: Acrylate, Nylon, Polyimide
- Numerical Aperture: 0.22 ± 0.02
- Core Sizes (Flat to Flat): 100um to 1000um
- Dimensional Tolerances:
- Core/Clad/Jacket: ±2%/±2%/±5%
- Corner Rounding in Core (R/L): ≤25%
Please see the Spec Sheet for further information.